Open Doors Morocco
Discover the Real Sahara …
About ODM Bedouin Bivouac
- LOCATION: Isolated and private area at the base of the amazing Erg Chebbi dunes near Merzouga
- TRANSPORT: By camel back led by experienced guides
- AMENITIES: Five comfortable tents with beds, linens, and carpets; showers and toilets
- SERVICES: Delicious home cooked meals, Bedouin tea ceremonies, local music, camp fire (except during summer), and more
Read about our Opening Night
Connect with locals …
Even before launching Open Doors Morocco we recognized the disparity between the area tourism revenues and the salaries of the workers in the field. We created an Indiegogo campaign to raise funds for building a desert bivouac to employ and fairly pay locals. The creation of the bivouac supports the PEACE vision of Open Doors Morocco:
- Partner with local suppliers and cooperatives that behave ethically.
- Empower locals by offering a fair exchange for their expertise and knowledge about their country.
- Arrange unforgettable experiences for our foreign guests.
- Convey the unique and compelling personality of Morocco.
- Explore opportunities for meaningful connections between guests, hosts, and other local entities.
Read more about OUR STORY
Be our guests…
Customized Saharan Experiences
Spend one night or multiple nights with us.
- Camel treks (day or overnight)
- Nomad visits
- Star Photography
- 4×4 Tours
- Moroccan Cookery Lessons
and more …
Photograph the Stars…
Photography Fixers Who …
- Offer experienced local photography facilitation
- Ethically organize local models
- Host photographers from all over the world